Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thanks given

A nice long weekend is almost over, just doing some last minute reading for an assignment due tomorrow. Looking pretty good so I should go a grab some sleep. I think the caffeine is out of my system now from the post dinner coffees and teas.

I got a B+ on my last assignment on innovation, I kind of knew it was not going to be an A material turn in, I was really behind that week...

What I really have to get going on is the Independant Studies and catching up on my 1st year marketing course. Damn those all online courses! I started catching up last week, but it only took 2 hours to get all the reading done and most of it I had already learned in my other classes, so I'm not sure If I will ace my test this week (first online test by the way) but I guess I am ready for it. Now I just have to get that case study done as well.

I do notice that some MBA fatigue is setting in, it's been 5 weeks now, so I'm hoping that the new courses will reinvigourate me. I do need to keep trying to tweak the demands on my time and get a real system going. Luckily for me work is not crazy at the moment, but I need to get the other areas ship-shape before it does, on top of actual work, process must be looked at.

So let set some goals:
  • Do at least 1 hour of reading every day (including note taking) - school
  • Grab a few items from the pile of outstanding tasks and put them on deck for the week (personal/home)
  • Set aside 30 minutes of admin time where I can go over what I did and my progress for the week (when? it needs to be a time when I am not distracted and not too tired.. aha, that would be never then....)
  • Get to work by 8:00 am at least 3 times a week

Ok I could come up with some more important ones but I think that is fine for now. Any more and it would be one of those lists that I make that just get written and filed away.

Hmm I think that is enough for now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home